miércoles, 23 de septiembre de 2009

Dance in Italy (80s Italo-Disco Classics)


Hello everybody! I recorded this mix in October of 2008 preparing a mix for D'aran Club Italo dance party. Most of Italo Disco I knew years ago, sounded a bit ridiculous in my mind, I just remembered the "oh-oh" chorus from 80s FM radio when I was a child, and Sabrina or Samantha Fox prominents tits... until I re-discovered the original italo-disco masterpieces.

In early 80s, some Italian (or Italian blooded) producers as Giorgio Moroder, Bobby Orlando or Gino Soccio, under the influence of Kraftwerk and US Disco, introduced a new concept in Electronic music, and made reborn the dancefloor culture in Europe, after the 70s Disco was officially murdered in Yankees Stadium.

Sci-fi synths, minimal sounds, vocoders, Disco Divas, high energy beats, and even some electronic experimentation had a place in Euro Disco or Italo Disco. It was a big influence in the creation of Chicago's House Music, never missed in the WBMX mixes (home of the legendary Hot mix 5 Djs) Euro and Italo Disco was perfectly convined with the early house tunes.

This mix is a trip back to the 80s...I hope you will enjoy it too!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?zcmy22jvyqi

Sorry, no tracklyst.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario